Friday, October 9, 2009

google reader

so i was reading my google reader in class while my international relations professor lectured about population & security issues. i was searching for cool blogs to subscribe to on my rss feed. see, i had just discovered how awesome google reader was because it completely minimized the amount of website flow I do in a day.

so i visited gorilla vs bear and spotted a list of blogs the site follows and thought i'd take a look at some. I found some pretty neat ones, like Transparent Blog and The Old Kentucky Blog, and i added them to my feed. but i came across hipster runoff and thought it was pretty rad; kinda like a cheap and convenient VIce blog. i scanned the site looking through its pictures and blog post headlines when suddenly the guy sitting behind in class me taps me on my left shoulder. i turn around and he points at my screen and gives me a thumbs up... as in "hey man hipster runoff is a great website and you'll surely love it as much as i do... also i'm totally looking at your laptop screen and being ultra-creepy."

i gave him a thumbs up, for i totally saw eye to eye with him on this website suggestion game. But now this put me in an awkward position... it me under some pressure since this guy is totes looking at my laptop seeing what blogs and websites i visit on a daily basis. SHIT. now i gotta impress people? so i go on like Snacks and Shit & the Sartorialist (one is silly and one shows my serious side). but i never got any response from the guy again.

I always figured if you bring your laptop to class, people will definitely be looking at my screen. WEIRDZ.

brotally


No comments: