Monday, June 8, 2009

we who stayed behind

martin van thurah.
here's what I can tell you about him.
he's a filmmaker. it seems like he's also a cinematographer as well... filmmaker IS kind of vague so I guess I'll just leave it at filmmaker.
he directed fever ray's "when I grow up" video which is pretty rad and is couple of blog posts under this one.
and from what I can tell, he's probably from sweden. one reason being that fever ray is swedish and this short film is in swedish.
here's a trailer:



he kind of has this neo-realist aesthetic in his camera-work.
i'm not well-versed in filmmaking vernacular so excuse my ignorance.

anyway, I just wanted to comment on how typically cliched this short film looks complete with ambiguity, electro-acoustic noise, and people with facepaint. still, though, it looks cool.

No comments: