Monday, December 7, 2009

what girls should be listening to

i feel like girls my age should be listening to a specific group of musicians that perfectly depict what it's like to be a girl at that age.
Bands that are not too abrasive, yet not too poppy, but carry a careful hodgepodge of both factors that ultimately equate and personify a girl in her 20s.
Though, if I was to make a venn diagram of stuff I like and stuff I think girls my age should like, I'd assume the ovals would overlap. Though, some of these bands I don't like too much anyway.
Maybe I should venture out in compiling songs my perfect girl should listen to.
I'm already thinking of some bands that would be on there: Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Field Mice, Pixies, Beach House, Joy Division, Cocteau Twins or anything Robin Guthrie is involved with, New Order, Pavement, Nirvana, Destiny's Child, and I guess Belle and Sebastian. I'm a little iffy on the amount of Stuart Murdoch involvement any project has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow i soo wish the same